Saturday, November 7, 2009

Chewing more than I can swallow ... again ...

As usual, I'm busy with far too many projects at once ... but hey, I'm not very good at watching paint dry so I might as well do something useful in the meantime.

Here is my current To Do list:
• paint and distress sideboard
• frame mirror (after I’ve sanded & painted the wood)
• make cover for electricity box
• bathroom make-over
• re-paint and re-upholster dining chairs
• re-pot succulents
• finish quilt(s)
• start with Christmas presents
• re-decorate Micah’s room

This morning I bought two fat quarters at the annual Calico Quilting Exhibition; which I turned into funky pajama pants for my little tiger. Easy project I hear you say, but as I’ve never made pants before, this is another check on my ‘Things to do before I’m 40’ list.

Note the pajama pants were not on the to-do list …




The sideboard is almost done, did a little bit of sanding this afternoon, paint on same places need to dry a little more. Also did some more sugar soaping on two chairs. One chair ready for painting! Yay!




What a difference the sugar soaping makes! It's almost a pity the chairs are not in the best condition - that wood really is lovely …

No comments:

Post a Comment